Lawn Aeration Livonia Michigan – Benefits of Lawn Aeration
Aeration can be done in the spring or fall but we recommend over seeding to be done in the fall
Removing small cores of soil from your lawn reduces soil compaction and promotes root growth for healthier grass!
WHAT IS AERATION?
Technically speaking, aeration is the naturally occurring process of air exchange between the soil and its surrounding atmosphere. Practically speaking, aeration is the process of mechanically removing small plugs of thatch and soil from the lawn to improve natural soil aeration. It’s commonly called “core aeration” in the lawn service industry, and you may have heard of it as soil cultivation (coring, spiking and slicing). Most homeowners simply call it aeration.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AERATION?
Core aeration can help make your lawn healthier and reduce its maintenance requirements through these means:
- Improved air exchange between the soil and atmosphere.
- Enhanced soil water uptake.
- Improved fertilizer uptake and use.
- Reduced water runoff and puddling.
- Stronger turfgrass roots.
- Reduced soil compaction.
- Enhanced heat and drought stress tolerance.
- Improved resiliency and cushioning.
- Enhanced thatch breakdown.
Contact Healthy Turf Pros today for a FREE ESTIMATE: (734) 578-2833